Can Insurance Protect You From Halloween Havoc?

Can Insurance Protect You From Halloween Havoc?

The Answer Is YES! Halloween can be scary but having the right insurance coverage can take some of the fright out of the night. Your Homeowners’ and Renters’ insurance policies provide financial protection for a host of disasters whether they occur on Halloween, or any other day.

Standard homeowners’ and renters’ policies provide coverage for the following:


  • Vandalism: In the event that your home or your personal possessions are damaged by tricksters, your homeowners’ or renters’ insurance provides coverage for vandalism and malicious mischief. You are on your own, however, when it comes to removing the toilet paper from your front yard…
  • Fire: If a jack-o-lantern or other decoration, goes up in flames and damages your property, your homeowners’ or renters’ policy covers fire-related losses. And, should the blaze make your home uninhabitable, additional living expenses (ALE) coverage will pay for alternate accommodations, such as a hotel, while your home is being repaired.
  • Injuries: The liability portion of a homeowners or renters policy comes into play if a Halloween party guest, or a trick-or-treater is injured while at your house or apartment. These policies also include no-fault medical coverage so the injured person can file their claim directly with your insurer. And if Spot gets a little skittish from all the commotion and accidentally nips a trick-or-treater your liability coverage includes damages or injuries caused by pets.
  • Theft: As with other covered losses, your protection against theft of your automobile or a burglary at home,is based on your policy’s specifics including deductibles, limits, replacement cost options, etc.

Perhaps this is a good time for a policy review? Call us at 401-846-9629, let’s take a LOOK at your policies so that you can…
Stay Calm & SpOOk ON!


Some Content Courtesy: Insurance Information Institute

%d bloggers like this: