Spring Maintenance & Safety For Homeowners
With Spring comes a feeling of renewal, we open the windows and start enjoying longer days and milder temperatures.
It’s the perfect time to take on a few simple safety and maintenance projects to protect your home and family all year-round.
Sunny Day Projects:
- Check roof and examine shingles and flashing around plumbing vents, skylights and chimneys
- Clean gutters and downspouts
- Walk the perimeter of your home inspecting the foundation, identify / fill cracks or gaps
- Visually inspect trees for damage or rot, remove dead limbs
- Trim healthy trees and bushes away from utility lines
- Inspect / repair uneven drive and walkways, eliminate tripping hazards
- Tune up lawn mowers and other outdoor equipment before first use
- Always store oil and gas in a vented, locked area
Rainy Day Projects:
- Test and check batteries of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors, replace as needed
- Check electrical outlets for potential fire hazards, overloaded outlets, frayed wires, etc.
- Test and check pressure and expiration date of fire extinguisher– pressure gauge should be in the “green” range– have serviced if needed and store in easily accessible location(s).
- Make and / or review your Family Emergency Plan
- Make and / or replenish your Home and Car Emergency Kits
- Check water heater for leaks or corrosion
- Clean or replace furnace and heating / cooling system filters
- Clean lint from under / around dryer including exhaust duct
Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, call us at 401-846-9629, we’ll customize coverage just for YOU!
Season after season, year after year since 1962, we’re here to help!
Some Content: National Safety Council
* * * * *